The distinguished glitchy64 spake:

The distinguished Draconid_Jo spakequote]
The distinguished glitchy64 spakequote]
The shitposter glitchy64 spakequote]
I made an account for DSiPaint one year ago.

This place has really died down and when i tell my friends about 3DSPaint they say I won't try it. [/quote]

Yeah that sucks, because I bet if they actually gave this place a chance, they'd like it here. [/quote]

Yea, but sometimes 3DSPaint gets boring. [/quote]

If 3DSPaint DOES get a influx of users, then keep check on how many dicks that have been drawn. [/quote]

I honestly think chatrooms are not used that much, I'm not saying people should stop painting and go to chatrooms but give them some love while we're the BfBB community in Late 2015. [/quote]

Yeah, the only reason I'm not in the chatrooms as often (other than that I have trouble keeping up sometimes, lol) is because my RL situation makes it kinda awkward for me, and I tend to prefer the groups' shoutboxes, instead.
(Being interrupted by RL stuff doesn't affect me as much when doing that, because of how shouts work.)

Also, being a pretty hardcore blogger here myself, I also think that it'd be nice to have more people writing blogs here (and possibly more blogs being featured, as well), as that's one of the things that I enjoy the most about Paint, myself. [/quote]

LOL, I was just thinking about writing a blog! [/quote]

I say go for it!

I still need to check some blogs out myself, and quit bouncing between all of these different shoutboxes, lol!
(It's pretty fun doing that, though.)
……想像力が 足りないよ —伝承者ヒガナ
Draconid_Jo (55)
In Plans to revive this site
23 Jun 2020 03:22

This place has really died down and when i tell my friends about 3DSPaint they say I won't try it. [/quote]

Yeah that sucks, because I bet if they actually gave this place a chance, they'd like it here. [/quote]

Yea, but sometimes 3DSPaint gets boring. [/quote]

If 3DSPaint DOES get a influx of users, then keep check on how many dicks that have been drawn. [/quote]

I honestly think chatrooms are not used that much, I'm not saying people should stop painting and go to chatrooms but give them some love while we're the BfBB community in Late 2015. [/quote]

Yeah, the only reason I'm not in the chatrooms as often (other than that I have trouble keeping up sometimes, lol) is because my RL situation makes it kinda awkward for me, and I tend to prefer the groups' shoutboxes, instead.
(Being interrupted by RL stuff doesn't affect me as much when doing that, because of how shouts work.)

Also, being a pretty hardcore blogger here myself, I also think that it'd be nice to have more people writing blogs here (and possibly more blogs being featured, as well), as that's one of the things that I enjoy the most about Paint, myself.
……想像力が 足りないよ —伝承者ヒガナ
Draconid_Jo (55)
23 Jun 2020 01:58

Yeah that sucks, because I bet if they actually gave this place a chance, they'd like it here.
……想像力が 足りないよ —伝承者ヒガナ
Draconid_Jo (55)
07 May 2020 17:32
The distinguished Finrod spake:

The distinguished Finrod spakequote]
The distinguished TulipsOfLove spakequote]
It's good because it give people a place to talk to other decent people.

It’s a good idea socially. But for “potentially reviving the site” no. For one that’s not something we can just market to, or is it something we can just find out about somebody. This is a DSi painting browser not the abuse helpline. [/quote]

IK, but this site certainly is serving that very function to a large extent RN.

Dang near everyone IK here has some kinda messed up situation with their parents IRL.
(Although none of them have it as bad as Thi did, or as bad as I do now, AFAIK.) [/quote]

You provided no new solution to what I just debunked! : ) [/quote]

True, I have no idea how to reach out to people like that, all I'm saying is there are thousands (if not more) of us out there, and if there was someway to reach those people, it would be a great thing for both them and Paint.
(I have no idea how to actually do that, though.)

Also, one idea that I had that I do actually (kinda) know how to implement is simply promoting Paint om other (more popular) websites.

For example, I put a link to my profile page here on Paint in my profile on E-shuushuu (which AFAIK has WAY more users than Paint does RN), and while I haven't been nearly active enough over there for it to have any impact, doing stuff like that could (in theory) draw more attention to Paint, and hopefully more members, as well.
(I can't really do that myself RN, though, because of my current RL limitations.)
……想像力が 足りないよ —伝承者ヒガナ
Draconid_Jo (55)
07 May 2020 17:01

It's good because it give people a place to talk to other decent people.

It’s a good idea socially. But for “potentially reviving the site” no. For one that’s not something we can just market to, or is it something we can just find out about somebody. This is a DSi painting browser not the abuse helpline. [/quote]

IK, but this site certainly is serving that very function to a large extent RN.

Dang near everyone IK here has some kinda messed up situation with their parents IRL.
(Although none of them have it as bad as Thi did, or as bad as I do now, AFAIK.)
……想像力が 足りないよ —伝承者ヒガナ
Draconid_Jo (55)
06 May 2020 10:58
The distinguished Gemini Guardian spake:

@Draconid_Jo A lot of people have heard of this site actually. Used to have thousands on at one given moment

yeah, back when the dsi was relevant... [/quote]

IK, but considering how many people still use the DSi, and (more importantly at this point) the 3DS, it seems like this place has a lot of potential future users, to me.

I've noticed that a lot of the people here (myself included) tend to have overprotective parents, too, and messed up RL situations.

I think that this place can (and does) make a tremendous difference in those people's lives, and if there was some way to reach out to more people like that me, I think it would be a VERY good thing for both them, and for Paint.
(Based upon my own personal experiences, and those of many of my friends here, anyway.)
……想像力が 足りないよ —伝承者ヒガナ
Draconid_Jo (55)
In Ways to improve my Alternative Pokemon Tiering System
04 May 2020 12:53
Well, after seeing what I flop that Tiering System comparison blog was, it probably seems foolish to still compare my System to Smogon's, but I'm going to, anyway.

This is what I believe would be a reasonable comparison of the Tiers in my System to the ones in Smogon's based upon what little IK about their System:
UT = Anything Goes

LT = Ubers

MDT/DT = OU

HT = UUBL/UU

ST = RUBL/RU

NT = NUBL/NU

BT = PUBL/PU/ZUBL/ZU
Anyway, those comparisons are probably off, but I think that they're probably close to accurate, at least.

Like I told one of my friends here recently, though: Comparing my Tiering System to Smogon's is kinda like comparing Applins to Oran Berries, because although both are delicious looking, one is a Pokémon, and the other is a Held Item, so you can't really compare the 2.

My System is a static one, consistent across all generations, and is entirely based on Pokémon's Legendary/Mythical Status, BSTs, EBSTs, and power checks, and usage never even enters the equation.

Smogon's System, by contrast, is primarily usage based (as evidenced by their Tier names), and is constantly trying to adapt to an ever-changing metagame, rather than remain consistent like mine is.

Perhaps it would be more appropriate to view my System as an alternative to the very same 2 Tier System I based it off of, instead.
(I suspect that it would be better received that way by Competitive Players, lol!)

Anyway, just some thoughts.

Oh, and I corrected the Soul Dew thing for Gen 7 & 8, as well as bumped up all of the Gen 8 Fossil Pokémon to DT.
(Because of the Fishious Rend/Bolt Beak thing, mostly.)

Lastly, I'm planning on (with some help from Mom) trying to create accounts at some other (more Pokémon-centric) websites, with the hopes that I can submit my Tiering System there, as well.
(We'll see how that goes, though.)
……想像力が 足りないよ —伝承者ヒガナ
Draconid_Jo (55)
04 May 2020 07:52
The distinguished magicator spake:

maybe adding more games would help?

I think that would help, but I personally believe the biggest problem that this website has (as far as population growth is concerned) is that most people don't even know it exists.

Pretty much everyone here (myself included) is a gamer, who stumbled upon this place by some twist of fate, and while that does cause the members of the community here to be very close to one another (which I like), and to have a lot in common with one another, I suspect there are plenty of others who would be interested in joining this site, who don't simply because they didn't know of it's existence.
(I would've joined this place years ago if I had known about it back in 2014, when I first got my 2DS.)
I mean, everyone knows about Facebook, Twitter, etc., but if you ask most people (even those who aren't online, or those who avoid social media, like my dad) "Have you heard of DSiPaint/3DSPaint?", the vast majority would say "No, I haven't.".
……想像力が 足りないよ —伝承者ヒガナ
Draconid_Jo (55)
18 Apr 2020 13:58
Well, my Tier lists are now complete, so now everyone can actually see what all is in each Tier, rather than having to look up BSTs constantly to do so, lol!

Additionally, I changed the names of a few of the Tiers (PT is now HT, AT is now ST, and WT is now NT), to make them sound more like the names of the Contest Ranks (among other things) in-game, and adjusted the Tier classifications of many Pokémon as I was going along, putting them up or (rarely) down a Tier from where the BST would place them.
(These Pokémon are marked with an "*" in the lists.)

I'll eventually mark all of the Pokémon whose current Tier classifications I'm uncertain about (or perhaps just make a list of them), especially all of the non-Evolving Pokémon currently in NT that I'm considering bumping down to BT because of their low BSTs.
……想像力が 足りないよ —伝承者ヒガナ
Draconid_Jo (55)
In Ideas for future Pokemon Games
16 Apr 2020 12:54
The distinguished MaxDeMan1 spake:

Theres a youtuber named FUNKe who made a video titled: "Pokemon's Problematic Pacing" which explains why the pacing in Pokemon games are bad. I'm pretty sure it's family friendly that video.

When I get the ability to play YouTube Videos, I'll be sure to check it out.

Thanks!
……想像力が 足りないよ —伝承者ヒガナ
Draconid_Jo (55)
25 Mar 2020 17:41
The distinguished Dedode spake:

Well, where do I start?... At first when you made the tiering system I though it was ok cause it's some sort of measuring power. But you went to far dividing the tiers, it's so confusing, it's almost like taking Smogon tiering system and dividing it even more. Simply put, imagine someone making a PT team, he would have to constantly check the list to see the appropiate abilities and items in the respective generation to play accordingly to the tier. To tedious in my opinion.
This is the main reason why on Smogon there isn't a division of pokemon that cant use baton pass and others that can, they simply ban the move so its less confusing.
Another aspect to look at is the purpose of this tier list. Smogon tiering system goes by popularity of the pokemon used on competitions in a way that excludes any Pokemon centralizing the main tiers, so more Pokemon can be used instead of just a bunch.
As much as I like the idea of an alternative to the main tiering systems we have to admit that creating one that actually works is not an easy task for this little community. You can instead create certain rules to play around like battle formats, I think that would be simplier for everyone.

Not really.

I mean, I get your point, but at present, there are so few things other than BST and Legendary Status that affect a Pokémon's Tier, that it's still pretty simple.

To simplify it, think of the Tiers like this:

UT and LT are simply my attempt to divide the Battle Frontier Banlist ("UN", as I now call it) into 2 separate Tiers.

For example, Black and White Kyurem are UT, while regular Kyurem is LT.

Dawn Wings Necrozma, Dusk Mane Necrozma, and Zygardes with Power Construct are UT, while regular Zygarde 50% Formes and Necrozmas are LT.
(Regular Zygarde 10% Formes are AT RN, due to their low BST.)

As for the idea of applying certain restrictions on Abilities (aside from Power Construct), that's still up in the air RN, but when talking about HA Pokémon, there are some that have obviously OP HAs, and I'm willing to make special Rules regarding them.

It doesn't make it that complicated unless you have a ton of HA Pokémon, either, which (as a person who plays the regular games, and hasn't done anything on Showdown) doesn't seem to complicated to me.
(Not to mention I'll be finishing those lists of what's in each Tier, eventually.)

The main things of importance (to me) are being consistent with GAME FREAK's System (which means that the division between LT and MDT is sacred), and the timelessness aspect.

If you battled with a certain Pokémon in Gen 4, it'll be in the same Tier in Gen 8, provided that you don't utilize some new aspect of Gameplay that increases it's EBST dramatically, like Mega Evolution, or Eviolite.
……想像力が 足りないよ —伝承者ヒガナ
Draconid_Jo (55)
21 Mar 2020 16:34

There isn't much to say though, and technically you can apply the Kyurem black thing to every pokemon. Well I'm just here to help so. Have you considered moving up pokemon with very OP hidden abilities? Particularly serperior who is very famously known to sweep entire teams with contrary leaf storm which boosts its attack by 2 stages every time he uses it.

Actually, I thought of doing just that to a number of different Pokémon.

Dedode mentioned that Greninja would be PT in my current System, and while I'd like to keep all of the (non-Mega Evolved) Fully Evolved Starter Pokémon in PT, I could bump up Protean Greninjas, Contrary Serperiors, and (possibly) Ash Greninja to DT.
(That'd be the same Tier as the Pseudos, which seems about right.)

Also, I was considering bumping Multiscale Lugias to UT, although that'd be a little awkward because of the whole "Equality" thing.
(Unless I raised Regenerator Ho-ohs to UT, as well.)

What do you think?
……想像力が 足りないよ —伝承者ヒガナ
Draconid_Jo (55)
21 Mar 2020 12:08
OK, first of all, I'd like to apologize to all of the Competitive Pokémon Players here, for being overly defensive (and at times confrontational) about my Alternative Pokémon Tiering System.
(I'd also like to thank those who supported it as well, though.)

Anyway, rather than defending my (WAY too BST based) Tiering System, I created this Thread to discuss it, and the different ways I could improve it.

To be clear, I'm NOT dead set on the idea of a BST based Tiering System, it's just that that was the simplest way of creating a Tiering System that possesses the characteristics that I want in my Tiering System, which are:

1. Consistency with GAME FREAK's "2 Tier System"

This is the single most important part of my Tiering System.

I often refer to what I call the "2 Tier System" present in-game, and when I do so, I simply mean the Pokémon allowed at places such as the Battle Frontier, which I call "UE" ("Usable Everywhere"), and the Banlist for such places, which I call "UN" ("Usable Nowhere").

In my System, the 2 highest Tiers (UT and LT), are reserved exclusively for UN Pokémon, while the 6 lower Tiers are only for UE Pokémon.

There are (as of Gen 7) 5 exceptions to this: Phione, Zygarde 10% Forme (with Aura Break), Cosmog, Cosmoem, and Meltan.

These are allowed in the lower Tiers because (despite their in-game classification) they are simply not competitive with the other UN Pokémon, due to their WAY lower Stats.

2. Equality

There's a lot more to a Pokémon than it's Stats, and I would very much like to base the Tier allocations of Pokémon on more than their BST, or even their "EBST".

That being said, I do NOT want the appearance of double standards in my System, regardless of the "advantages" (actual or perceived) of one Pokémon over what (to a Casual Player) would appear to be it's equal.

I must defer to the Black Kyurem thing here, as it is the single best example of what I do NOT want to see in my Tiering System.

Currently, Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are both classified as UT in my System, and regular Kyurem is LT, and I'm not going to change these classifications, regardless of these Pokémon's status in other Tiering Systems.
(Or make any similarl decisions, that would be hard to justify to a non-Competitive Player.)

I will, however, be willing to look at a wide array of other factors, besides BSTs, Dark Void, and exclusive Held Items.
(Going based solely off of those is pretty constraining, lol!)

3. Timelessness

I'm making this Tiering System for Gen 4 onwards, and I do NOT want my Tier allocations to vary across Generations.
(Gens 1-3 were too different to apply my System to, however.)

This might sound completely ridiculous to a Competitive Pokémon Player, but it is important to me nonetheless, and actually presents a new way to look at things.

For example, my Tiering System classifies Dusclops as AT in Gen 4, and does the same in Gen 5 and beyond, despite the addition of the Held Item Eviolite, which benefited this Pokémon tremendously.

If given an Eviolite, Dusclops' classification changes to PT instead, however, in recognition of how powerful it is when holding this Item.
(Soul Dew, Kommonium Z, and Thick Club are other examples of this.)

Also, the Move Dark Void is treated in a similar fashion (despite being available in Gen 4), and is confined to PT and above, due to Smeargle.
(In an actual Pokémon Game, it could be difficult to find a way to teach a Smeargle this Move, due to the fact it's only learned by the Mythical Pokémon Darkrai.)

Anyway, I'm pretty much flexible on everything else, and I'm willing to consider WAY more than Stats.

In fact, when checking the BSTs of a few different Pokémon (including Gengar, and Ferrothorn), I became dissatisfied with the way my own Tiering System classified these Pokémon, which is the primary reason I'm doin this RN.

I made lists of the Pokémon currently in the 4 highest Tiers (although IDK much about Gen 8, which means they might be missing some Gen 8 Pokémon), and put links to these lists in my Tiering System Blog.

I'm open to almost any suggestion that doesn't go against the 3 principles U mentioned above, and TBH, although it'd be difficult, I'm also willing to consider multiple different Tiering Systems, for the different Battle Formats.
(One for Singles, one for Doubles, one for Triples, one for Rotation Battles, and one for Battle Royals.)

Anyway, sorry for the speech, lol!
(I just wanted to make sure that I didn't leave out anything important.)
……想像力が 足りないよ —伝承者ヒガナ
Draconid_Jo (55)
In Forum Game: It's super effective!
21 Mar 2020 11:19
The distinguished popuko115 spake:

Walrein use powder snow!

( it suprised me that not only fairy types damage rayquaza, but also ice type moves as well )

Black Kyurem uses Fusion Bolt!
……想像力が 足りないよ —伝承者ヒガナ
Draconid_Jo (55)
13 Mar 2020 23:35
The distinguished Dedode spake:

screw z-crystrals. bring back megas

Well, I would say that bringing back Megas would be sufficient, but no Z-Crystals means no Ultra Necrozma, and even without it.s Z-Move, Ultra Necrozma is one AWESOME Pokémon!
(Certainly far better than Dawn Wings or Dusk Mane Necrozma.)

And they should obviously bring back Primal Reversion, too.
(And IDK if the got rid of Power Construct, or any the Zygarde's Core Moves or not, but if they did, they should bring them back, as well.)
……想像力が 足りないよ —伝承者ヒガナ
Draconid_Jo (55)
25 Jan 2020 08:32
Well, now that I know they removed them in Gen 8, I think bringing back Mega Evolution and Z-Crystals would DEFINITELY be an improvement.
(And how about giving some more Pokémon Mega Stones, too.)
……想像力が 足りないよ —伝承者ヒガナ
Draconid_Jo (55)
In Post your favorite pokemon here!
05 Jan 2020 08:17
Hardcore Dragon-type Trainer, here.
(I also like Water, Ghost, and Ice-types a lot, too, though.)
……想像力が 足りないよ —伝承者ヒガナ
Draconid_Jo (55)
02 Nov 2019 11:18
The distinguished jaketheguy spake:

And also you can pick the difficulty:easy, normal, hard, etc.??? You get a award too

Good idea, IMO.

BTW, they did something like that in Black 2/White 2.
(They should've kept it, IMO.)
……想像力が 足りないよ —伝承者ヒガナ
Draconid_Jo (55)
16 Oct 2019 02:19
The distinguished Skeptical spake:

Dialga, use Hyper Beam!

Um, unless you're in an Inverse Battle, that wouldn't be "Super Effective".
(Then again, in non-Inverse Battles, Hyper Beam can never be "Super Effective".)

Anyway:

Zygarde uses Thousand Arrows!

or, for an Inverse Battle:

Mega Rayquaza uses Dragon Ascent!
……想像力が 足りないよ —伝承者ヒガナ
Draconid_Jo (55)
04 Oct 2019 13:48
Giratina used Shadow Force!
……想像力が 足りないよ —伝承者ヒガナ
> >>
Home Bulletin Boards Home
Nintendo 3DS is ™ Nintendo Co. Ltd. This website is ©2009-2020 HullBreach Studios. All rights reserved. Members are responsible for their own content. No account information will be given to third-parties without your consent.