Bulletin Board

HullBreach: Uncloaked
Your account is not active.
Started by Limxzero
13 Jan 2014 22:01
SUBSCRIBE
Limxzero (5308)
13 Jan 2014 22:14
Recently announced is that the newly formed HullBreach Studios is developing the upcoming game HullBreach: Uncloaked. Described simply as a "space shooter" with varied influences including EVE Online, the game is planned to be exclusively released to the Wii U eShop. It is of course based on the existing browser game HullBreach Online, but firmly a standalone game and not an auxillary or expansion. At this point, there is no public timetable or pricing figure yet.
Catch my drift.
Limxzero (5308)
21 Jan 2014 23:25
My greatest concern is whether HB: Uncloaked will supplant and/or stunt the progress of HB Online.
Catch my drift.
HullBreach (858)
30 Jan 2014 12:26
The distinguished Limxzero spake:
My greatest concern is whether HB: Uncloaked will supplant and/or stunt the progress of HB Online.

The problem with HB Online is that browser technology has advanced considerably in the past 7 years, so technologies used have been deprecated, and new technologies have arisen. This holds true for both client side and server side. I've made some tweaks to the game's engine a few times over the years and have gotten most of the features working in both modern Web browsers and the Wii's Internet Channel, but it is difficult to keep it working with both at once. Plus, HB Online was always a one-man show, so finding time to make updates and add new missions and content has always been difficult. I'd gladly pass the helm to someone else to take over, but I have very little time to update both the Wii and the Nintendo DSi versions.

HB: Uncloaked, on the other hand, is being made with a core team of 3 and uses modern development tools on a modern platform, so much more is possible with it.

There's also the obvious point that we hope to be compensated for the investment of our inevitable thousands of hours to development time for HB: Uncloaked in the form of the Wii U eShop. HB Online took hundreds of hours to develop, and the website never saw the influx of traffic to warrant high priority on that aspect of the SDK Community when other areas were more popular among members. For example, soon after the initial release of HB: Online, I once saw 18 players in the same sector, all chatting with each other. Compare that to the chatrooms, which at their peak would frequently have events with 80 members.
I'm predestined to have free will.
M.J kInG (1332)
31 Jan 2014 06:48
Looking forward to this.
A true developer
Limxzero (5308)
31 Jan 2014 23:26
I don't really want to dwell on or second-guess HullBreach Online here. HullBreach: Uncloaked has already been determined to be the next step. I'm excited for it too. Seeing a developer make the transition from browser apps to true software is awesome, even surreal in this case. Business is business, and hopefully the Wii U platform will serve as a solid base for that.
Catch my drift.
Limxzero (5308)
03 Aug 2014 02:04
HBU is planned to release at some point in 2015. North America first, other regions to follow.
Catch my drift.
SCREECHiNG FLARE (1119)
18 Aug 2014 23:14
The distinguished Limxzero spake:
HBU is planned to release at some point in 2015. North America first, other regions to follow.
If that is, then it's time to build hype!Aww yiss. _
Maybe you should try changing from the inside.
marioumarios400 (13)
06 Oct 2014 13:06
Hello this will be free or paid? if will be paid will be good because hull pay many dollars per month/year on the websites he have.
Limxzero (5308)
25 Feb 2015 16:55
I believe it is free-to-play, however there will be premium features such as extra ship skins which are one-time fees.
Catch my drift.

Home Forum Home
Nintendo trademarks and copyrights are properties of Nintendo. Opera is a product of Opera Software ASA. This website is ©2009-2018 HullBreach Studios Ltd. All rights reserved. Members are responsible for their own content. No account information will be given to third-parties.