2016 Presidential Elections
Your account is not active.
Started by Moulder
19 Apr 2014 23:10
SUBSCRIBE
> >>
Limxzero (5305)
20 Apr 2014 04:07
Sure, it is early, but the festivities usually heat up halfway through the term. The big names right now are Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton. Ted Cruz and Chris Christie were hyped up last year, and have since cooled off significantly. Joe Biden is a bit of a longshot. Other names being thrown around are Rand Paul, Rick Santorum, and Marco Rubio.
Catch my drift.
COMMANDER (705)
02 May 2014 23:25
Ted Nugent!
I know my apprehensions might never be allayed. And so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written...
Raisons du Coeur (1521)
09 May 2014 00:53
The distinguished COMMANDER spake:
Ted Nugent!

Nick Nugget!
Moo.
COMMANDER (705)
09 May 2014 02:57
The distinguished Raisons du Coeur spake:
The distinguished COMMANDER spake:
Ted Nugent!

Nick Nugget!

Fred Flintstone!
I know my apprehensions might never be allayed. And so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written...
HullBreach (858)
20 May 2014 18:58
Pedro for president!
I'm predestined to have free will.
Limxzero (5305)
21 May 2014 01:31
Kind of a unique one, Ben Carson could be close to deciding to run. The famed former surgeon is as charismatic as he is controversial. An interesting person whether or not you appreciate his views.
Catch my drift.
HullBreach (858)
23 May 2014 11:30
The distinguished Limxzero spake:
Kind of a unique one, Ben Carson could be close to deciding to run. The famed former surgeon is as charismatic as he is controversial. An interesting person whether or not you appreciate his views.

He is more level-headed than most politicians and has that whit and common sense that would connect well in debates. The only problem I see is that lack of experience, but that hasn't stopped plenty of people from running for president in the past, for better or for worse. Barack Obama had absolutely no leadership experience before running, and his allies believe he is doing well.
Limxzero (5305)
24 Mar 2015 15:04
Now that Ted Cruz is the first official entrant, expect to see the rest follow in short suit.
Catch my drift.
Haruspex (308)
26 Mar 2015 17:48
I find it absolutely hilarious that "birthers" were all over Obama's jock about being born where ever they thought he was born, yet, here is Ted Cruz all walking up being Canadian born, and no one bats an eye.
Your makeup is terrible, but I love you anyway.
ChibiWaffle (1082)
26 Apr 2015 01:53
WAKA FLAKA FLAME FOR PRESIDENT
i love you guys even though most of you suck
Raisons du Coeur (1521)
21 May 2015 06:34
I nominate myself for the Whig candidate.
Moo.
12Cool-Girl12 (18)
16 Jun 2015 17:20
My opinion will probably be laughed at, but I`m kind of hoping Hillary Clinton will be the president. I know a lot of people out there don`t agree with a woman to be the president because they don`t think a woman could get any work done, they think a woman is weak, they don`t believe that a woman isn`t afraid to break a nail, but the reality of it is: a woman can do just as good of a job-if not better- than a male president could. It`s kind of a sexist issue to be honest. Nobody thinks that a woman could get problems solved, they think a woman would sit around all day testing nail polishes out, but if a woman came to be president, I think we`d do really well, a woman may not be as muscular or as strong as a man, but one thing`s for sure, a woman could be kinder and more thorough, and a woman is just as smart as any man, and could do everything that a male president could do. Women could be just as good of a president as any male could be. So go Hillary!! We can be anything we want if we put our minds to it. She`ll work hard, just like anybody would.
It's never the right time to say goodbye
HullBreach (858)
17 Jun 2015 20:17
The problem with Hillary Clinton is her credibility, not her gender. She has been hit with so many scandals from Benghazi to the secret email server for official government business. She also has plenty of lingering issues from the 1990s that follow her. If you are interested in a female candidate, don't forget that Carly Fiorina is also running. She carries some baggage from HP and seems like a long-shot candidate, but she is also in the race.

It's better to look at a candidate on issues and records, rather than gender and ethnicity. Both Clinton and Fiorina don't seem like the right candidates for me, due to many reasons that are too long to list here, but I also think many of the male candidates from both major parties are not the right candidates, either.
Limxzero (5305)
23 Jun 2015 13:36
12Cool-Girl2, is that really the predominant outlook today? Few would (openly) admit harboring those sentiments. Women like Margaret Thatcher, Golda Meir, Indira Gandhi, and others really set the modern precedence for strong women leaders. If Hillary were elected in 2016, it would undoubtedly be a milestone, just like Obama was in 2008. Nothing more. Define these people in power by their policies, their belief, their integrity.
Catch my drift.
Haruspex (308)
25 Jun 2015 00:37
The distinguished Limxzero spake:
12Cool-Girl2, is that really the predominant outlook today? Few would (openly) admit harboring those sentiments. Women like Margaret Thatcher, Golda Meir, Indira Gandhi, and others really set the modern precedence for strong women leaders. If Hillary were elected in 2016, it would undoubtedly be a <span style="text-decoration:underline">milestone</span>, just like Obama was in 2008. Nothing more. Define these people in power by their policies, their belief, their integrity.

Sadly these were all before her Cool-Girls time, and in this generation, policies, beliefs and integrity are things younger voters do not care about, most younger voters follow trends what the see on social media, so if FB or Twitter say vote Hillary because she is a woman, most of them will. Look at Obama, most of the African American population did not even vote in the last two elections, yet claim that Obama is "their" president only because he is black. Nothing else. The same can be said for most of those that oppose Obama, mainly based on his skin color.
Your makeup is terrible, but I love you anyway.
Raisons du Coeur (1521)
02 Jul 2015 06:07
So, hey, what's up with Ted Cruz? How is he eiligible?
Moo.
ChibiWaffle (1082)
02 Jul 2015 23:31
Donald Trump for president amirite?
i love you guys even though most of you suck
HullBreach (858)
03 Jul 2015 16:22
The distinguished Raisons du Coeur spake:
So, hey, what's up with Ted Cruz? How is he eiligible?

The "natural-born citizen" clause in the U.S. Constitution has never been specifically defined, so qualifications are open for debate.

Obama's mother was 17 when he was born in Hawai'i, and his father was a British citizen from Kenya. At birth, Obama was given dual citizenship, which allowed him to travel to Pakistan - something forbidden by Americans at the time. In 2008, it was determined that Obama was eligible to run for president.

McCain's family was stationed in the Panama Canal Zone, and he was determined eligible because he was born on a U.S. military base.

I'm sure plenty of people will try to tie up the court system over Ted Cruz (as they did with the other 2), if he pulls ahead in the primaries. He was born in Canada to a mother of U.S. citizenship and a father of Cuban citizenship. At birth he was given dual citizenship for the U.S. and Canada.
HullBreach (858)
10 Aug 2015 12:09
Oh, the Donald! He has been making things interesting.
Sonic Boom (1)
09 Sep 2015 04:17
If you vote for Pedro, all your wildest dreams will come true

> >>

Home Forum Home
Nintendo trademarks and copyrights are properties of Nintendo. Opera is a product of Opera Software ASA. This website is ©2009-2018 HullBreach Studios Ltd. All rights reserved. Members are responsible for their own content. No account information will be given to third-parties.